Wednesday 27 April 2016

CURRENTLY COVETING :: Wedge Sandals


I’m quite a practical person at heart. I don’t care how sexy a pair of shoes are … if I can’t strut around like Gisele churning up a runway - then I’m not interested. 

No pain, no gain, is not a mantra I associate with fashion. I'm not going to let uncomfortable shoes stop me from dancing the night away, or elaborate outfits hinder my trip to the bar.

When I go to a beach club its a 'no brainer' that I head to the wedge section of my shoe closet. Have you ever tried walking across sand in heels? Yeah, not so easy. The heels sink down and you end up walking like a constipated penguin just to stay upright. Not cute. 


Same goes for grass. So if you find yourself invited to the races, or a wedding with al fresco elements, then seriously consider a wedge. 

Like any style, the wedge is one that comes in and out of fashion. Well now ladies - it is decidedly in. Just check out the beautiful designs that are available right now. 

These multicoloured 'Lucita Oceana' sandals by Sophia Webster are a piece of art on their own. So whatever you choose to wear with them - keep it simple. This La Perla swimsuit would be the perfect outfit if you are heading to a pool party. 






If read it more your colour then try pair these Stuart Weiszman wedges with this unusual one shoulder swimsuit by Lisa Marie Fernandez.





If you have short legs then avoid wedges that have a high ankle strap. These will section off you ankles and make them appear shorter. Try something like these patent green leather wedge sandals by Rosie Assoulin X Paul Andrew. 


Selecting a colour close to your skin tone will also give the illusion of longer legs. Nude shoes are one of my wardrobe staples as they go with everything. If you have a bold or colourful outfit then flesh tones are a classier alternative to matching the colour of your shoes to your dress. These Pedro Garcia wedges are versatile and could be dressed up, or down. Perfect for a city break if you want to travel light.





If you are more 'Bambi on ice', than glamour goddess, when walking in heels, then consider a flat sandal. AKA the 'flatform'. These striped espadrilles by Lanvin would add a quirky splash of colour to a little black sun dress or tailored shorts. 


I'm 5'10 and wouldn't give up my sky scrapper heels for anything. However, I know some are more comfortable in a lower heel. Don't worry, you can still rock the wedges look without the added inches. This colourful pair by Ancient Greek Sandals would look great with a cover up, like this blue fringed tunic from Missoni.





and finally.....

It goes without saying that a pedicure is mandatory when wearing open toe shoes. You want peoples thoughts to be 'Wow, cute shoes' not 'Dang, she could dig a hole with those claws'. 




Red polish used to be my go to colour, but i've found myself gravitating towards more neutral colours recently. My latest purchase was Chanel's Nail Colour in Rose Cache. The pigment is beautiful and doesn't chip once dry.

I hope you enjoyed this blog post. If you have an comments please write below, I love to hear your feed back. 

EHH
xxx






 


No comments:

Post a Comment